This agreement is entered into between the undersigned (“the Player”) and Chicago Portagers LLC dba Iowa Dogfish (“the Team”). This agreement details the obligations between the Player and the Team and constitutes a membership agreement between the Team and the Player.
- Player acknowledges that the sport of box lacrosse is inherently risky, and agrees to hold Team harmless from any injury sustained in any Team activity, which may include, but is not limited to, games, practices, and workouts. Player agrees not to bring any claim or proceeding against the Team or any of its coaches, employees, representatives, agents, officers, or managers for any injury, loss, damage, or liability Player may suffer as a result of participating in a team activity.
- Player shall pay any team fees or dues in a timely manner.
- Player agrees to abide by the Code of Conduct. Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct, both on and off the field, may result in termination of membership from the Team.
- Player shall make his best effort to attend all trainings, meetings, and games in which the Team participates, as well as any other official event where his attendance is deemed necessary by the Team. Player acknowledges he may lose his roster spot due to non-participation in team events.
- Player agrees to play to the best of his ability and obey the rules of the game.
- Player shall strive to obtain and maintain his best physical condition, and acknowledges he is healthy enough to participate in team activities, which include strenuous physical activity. In the event of illness or injury, Player shall notify Team as soon as possible. Pro-rated refunds may be given on player dues in cases of season-ending injury. Player must provide a doctor’s assessment of the injury and complete a league insurance form to be eligible for refund.
- Player agrees not to play or practice while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Player agrees not to play for any other box lacrosse team, club, league, or tournament without the consent of the Team.
- Player grants a non-exclusive, perpetual license of his image and likeness to the Team for the purposes of marketing, promotion, and monetization.
- Player agrees to be contacted by the team through various methods, including email, text, and instant messaging.
- Player shall provide his own protective gear, which shall be in good working order. Protective equipment must include a box lacrosse specific helmet, lacrosse gloves, elbow and bicep pads, jockstrap/cup, and rib guards. Additional protective gear may be required for goalies, such as hockey goalie or field helmet with throat guard.
- Player shall bear responsibility for all team items provided to Player, such as jerseys, shorts, or equipment, and maintain them in good working order, regular wear and tear excepted. Player shall reimburse team for any team equipment lost, stolen, or damaged while in Player’s custody.
- Player further agrees to obey all reasonable directions of coaches, employees, representatives, agents, officers, or managers of the Team relating to Team activities.
- Team will participate in structured league play and/or tournament play for the benefit of the Players.
- Team shall provide, at the start of each season, team uniforms to each Player, which will be maintained by the Player.
- Team will endeavor to provide clear, timely communication to Player about team activities, requirements, and expectations.
- Team may provide, upon request of any dues-paying member, a financial overview to the member making the request.
- Team will strive to provide a safe, clean, and effective environment for Team activities, including games and practices, and will ensure that game equipment, such as goals and shot clocks, are in good working order.
- Team will, to the best of its ability, coach, condition, and promote Player, with the goal of helping the Player improve his physical conditioning, lacrosse skill, and personal brand.